Peter had to be gone a little more frequently this week, teaching bells, having meetings, choir rehearsal, filling in for a bell director at another church on Sunday, and getting concerts set up at school. It's definitely not as easy without him here! I have trouble getting as much done around the house as I would like to when he's gone; it's just an adjustment I have to figure out how to make.
I'm almost pain free around my incision, unless I overdo it. My stomach has been very tender, which is strange to me. I'm going up and down the stairs more frequently (still not a lot), and I'm getting more done around the house. Peter let me leave the house by myself for about an hour on Thursday for the first time. I hadn't driven in almost 2 weeks, and it felt weird to drive! Especially because in a typical week I drive so much.
Colin had a pretty relaxed week, no appointments to go to this week, thankfully. Colin had 2 new visitors; Mary Catherine (Peter's co-worker) and our neighbor from across the street Bev. We've lived here 2 years, and this was the first time we had met her! She spends most of her time inside, and she doesn't work, so we rarely see her. She saw us walking with the stroller the other day, so she came over with a gift for Colin. We have had lots of gifts of clothes from Peter's co-workers, and my OT faculty colleagues sent a gift card, which was also nice.
Yesterday was a big, long day and a test for all 3 of us. Peter went to help our friends Chris and Aimie move on the north side of town into their new house in the morning. Then we went all got dressed up and drove an hour south of home to the wedding of one of my OT friends Joni. It was a big test for us to be gone from home for about 7 hours and to be out in public with Colin for so long. Thankfully there was a crying room in the back of the church, and we decided to go ahead and sit in there to be safe. It was a good thing, too, because he immediately started crying to eat as soon as the bridesmaids walked in. He calmed down soon after, and he slept the rest of the time. He got to meet a couple of my friends from OT school. We fed and changed him before going into the reception, and he then slept through our time at the reception until the last 20 minutes. We got to have dinner, see the cake cut and first dances, and then we took off for home.
Here are some pictures from the past 2 weeks:
Heading home from the hospital
Cold after bathtime
Loves to sleep with his hands on his face when he isn't swaddled
Wearing one of his shirts from Aunt Jan, just hanging out
Caught him sleep smiling
Baby in a trunk: makes changing so easy! Learned from the best...
No comments:
Post a Comment