Colin had his four-month appointment this morning. Thankfully we weren't waiting for an HOUR this time. It was much faster. He weighed in at 15 lbs, 4 ounces (somewhere around the 75th percentile) and 26 5/8 inches (about the 97th percentile). I don't remember his head circumference, but he was again around the 75th percentile. We talked about introducing solids. I'm not sure if I want to start dealing with it yet, knowing that we're going to Colorado in a little over a month. Our plan is to hopefully start after we get back the first week of March, unless I can't keep up with feeding him.
Colin's had a cough for a while, but he has been eating and sleeping fine, so I didn't worry too much about it. I called to make sure we didn't need to bring him in, and he didn't meet any of the criteria to come in for a sick visit. Yesterday and today, he seemed worse, coughing up a lot of gunk, and his nose actually started to run. Anyway, Dr. W. said that he was a little wheezy (which made me laugh because I've been calling him Weezy F. Baby...rap reference, anyone? No? I figured that was just me.) She thought he had bronchiolitis and wanted him to start using a nebulizer and giving him albuterol breathing treatments. Then he got his shots, which went about as you might expect: cried afterward, but he calmed down once we got him moving in the car seat. He has seemed fine all day.
Anyway, she suggested keeping him home from daycare today, so I am home with him today. We asked daycare if they would be comfortable giving him his breathing treatment(s) tomorrow, and they said yes, so we're good to go for tomorrow thankfully.
In Charlie news, he seems better. He isn't having accidents in the house anymore; he didn't have any for a couple of days in the garage, so we brought him back inside. Now his feet seem to be bothering him, on top of his paws. He's about to have to go back in the cone of shame to get him to stop licking his feet. My parents' corgi has had similar issues before, so it's kind of strange. We're just glad he seems better!
If you're up for praying for strangers, I have a friend whose son is in the hospital with RSV. He's doing okay, but I know it's been hard for her and her husband. If you can pray for their family, that would be great! Thanks everyone.
Uh oh, hopefully Colin doesn't have Peter's lungs!
ReplyDelete