Thursday, August 1, 2013

Colin does Pittsburgh

We have had a busy last several weeks.  I survived my trip to Baltimore without the boys, and they survived here without me (thanks to a lot of help from Grandma, due to Peter's work schedule).  I had a good time with my co-workers, but I was glad to get home to my family!

I was home for a week, and then we left for Pittsburgh on Sunday morning.  Colin did pretty well in the car.  He got crabby due to a short morning nap, but he was happy to run around at a rest stop.  However, he did not understand why the shoes on his feet made it harder to walk.

Yes, he is walking.  Anywhere he can.  He hasn't yet figured out how to get to standing from the middle of the room, so he's at about 50% walking/50% crawling right now.  I'm still a little shocked when he walks into a room that I'm in.  I have no good video of him walking that doesn't involve a whole lot of shrieking at ear-piercing decibels.

Anyway, I spent Monday-Wednesday in class all day during a summer of amazingly beautiful weather, while Colin and Peter explored Pittsburgh.  They went to Steelers training camp, toured Pitt's campus, played at the splash park, and went to Point Park.  Colin slept well while we were there, thankfully.  He required a little extra work to get down for the night, but he didn't wake up until morning.

 Colin often opens this cabinet and pulls out the lemon juice.  It's the only thing in there he is interested in.

 At least one happy moment at his last swim lesson; he really just wanted to nap.

 Steelers training camp


 Pitt's campus, which was beautiful





 Crawling around at Point Park




Pittsburgh here I come!

I'm heading to Chicago tomorrow, and I'll be back on Sunday.  Most of Peter's family is arriving sometime Saturday (I realize I did not plan this well, but in my defense, I thought everyone was coming Sunday, too!)  Then Colin's surgery is Thursday morning at 7am.  Poor little dude has to be there at 6am.  I'm assuming with no food in his belly.

Baby needs bathing.  11 month (!!) photos to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment