Today I had my first visit with Dr. Hayes. Nothing too exciting to report. She said that everything felt normal for being about 7 weeks along, and they estimated my due date to be September 3rd. I had 5 vials of blood drawn (which I hate with a passion), but I didn't pass out! We are going back next Friday for Yo's first ultrasound, where we'll hopefully hear a heartbeat. (I think I forgot to mention that we have taken to calling the baby Yo for now--embrYO. It works well, like, "Sup Yo?" And we're dorks, so that helps. My family has completely embraced it and use it all of the time, which is super funny when my dad says it.)
As for how I'm feeling, I'm definitely feeling like I'm in my first trimester now. I am nauseated frequently, usually from about 3 in the afternoon on. At times it starts earlier, with a big wave around 11. Eating is awful, and I feel like I'm forcing food down. Once I get started it isn't quite so bad though. No true "morning sickness" though, thankfully. I'm a real wuss about throwing up. I'm also completely exhausted. Due to the timing of my nausea, working out is impossible. I'm hoping that once I get through the first trimester, I'll get my energy back and feel up to working out again.
We've had fun telling more and more people. Both of our families are in the know and have been given the green light to tell extended family (which there's a lot of). I saw my 3 best friends from high school last weekend, and they were very excited. We're constantly talking about who will have kids first, and now we have an answer. Both of us have told our bosses and close co-workers (almost all of mine are already moms, and were very excited). Peter works closely with 3 women who apparently all engaged in various shrieking. I'm seeing my college roommates this weekend and will tell them then, as well as telling my colleagues at the UIndy soon.
More to come after the ultrasound!
No comments:
Post a Comment