In case it wasn't obvious where the baby is...they labeled it for us. (So we don't have a Ross and Rachel moment. "I don't see it!" "See, it's right here." "Oh...there it is." "You still don't see it do you?" "No!!")
They said that the baby was measuring closer to 7 weeks 5 days, and I should be closer to 8 weeks 3 days based off of ovulation, etc. They're going to keep our due date at September 3rd unless the size of the baby is off by a week or more. Yo's heart was beating at 162 bpm, and the old wives' tale is heart rates over 140 is a girl, under 140 is a boy. Mom said Casie and I were both at 165 bpm. She also says we're having a boy. I'm getting conflicting responses.
Here's the picture of Yo's heartbeat, we don't have the audio file.
And no, Yo does not have a hole in its' head...I don't remember what she said it was. Just not a hole.
We've told almost all of our friends, just a few left to tell over the next week or so. Auntie Ebs sent Yo its' first present: lots of onesies and bibs. She also sent me my favorite Congrats on Your Pregnancy card ever. We're currently taking suggestions on what to call Yo after it becomes a fetus. So far we have, "Cletus the Fetus." I'm not sold on that just yet.
Excitement continues to build for us. I'm still pretty sick in the evenings unless I'm busy, but then I'm too exhausted to be worth anything. Probably not much to report for a little while now. Next Dr. appointment in 2 weeks!


We always called Coco "the parasite". You could always stick with "the fetus"...
ReplyDeletePeople in my brother's department at school referred to their kids as "F1 hybrids". Leave it to a bunch of geneticists and ecologists... They also wanted robots to raise their children.
ReplyDeleteYes, "the parasite" was my favorite for Coco, and I'm referring to #2 that way. Sometimes I do call it "the fetus" or "the mushroom". I knew someone who called hers George until she knew the sex. BTW, the parasite and mushroom references come from an article I read back in college, by Judith Jarvis Thomson (titled "The Fetus as a Parasite and Mushroom").
ReplyDeleteMy vote for the fetus name is Meatball.
ReplyDeleteI am also LOVING the puppy pictures in the background!