Sunday, February 19, 2012

Personal Pregnancy Factoids

We had a doctor's appointment to go over family history on the 10th, nothing new to report. Our next appointment is scheduled for March 12, and we should get to hear heartbeat through Doppler then. The appointment after that is when we should give us a better idea of if we have a male Meatball or a female Meatball (and hopefully we can start seriously considering names). Currently holding at 11 weeks and 6 days, sticking with our due date of September 3rd. We're also super excited to find out if we're having a niece or nephew next week!!

Since we don't have much news, I thought I would amuse you with some of the facts of this pregnancy.

1.) Weird things I have felt nauseated by: finding Cupcake Wars on the DVR (but watching it is fine), opening our refrigerator, Gatorade, my What to Expect When You're Expecting book, and just simply going upstairs. My nausea has decreased markedly in the last week or 2 thankfully, but I was consistently plugging my nose or holding my breath to open the refrigerator. I think that the Gatorade was linked to the refrigerator, as it was usually the first thing I saw when I opened the door.

2.) No weight gain...yet. My goal was to get through the first trimester without gaining any weight...and I'm almost there. I feel like I'm starting to move into that weird phase where it's going to be hard to tell if I'm fat or if I'm pregnant.

3.) I fall asleep a lot! I remember watching Jeopardy get started, and when I woke up, it was over. Sometimes I only need 20 minutes of sleep, and other times I pass out for 2 hours  and want to go back to sleep. I also can no longer tolerate lying on my stomach...which means I can't do demonstrations in-class anymore for most of our ROM/MMT activities.

4.) We've told almost everyone except for my 106 students. I don't know why I haven't told them yet, but I can't figure out when would be a good time. We have 2 pregnant second-years right now...I'll just let them have the spotlight for a little longer. They're both due within the next month.

5.) Still not entirely sure who the most excited person is. Mom and Casie definitely want to talk about it the most. I think Dad wins for most nervous...although I may be partially to blame for this. After a doctor appointment, I went to visit my parents. He asked, "Did everything go okay?" I heard, "Are you feeling okay?" So I said no...which may have caused a minor heart attack. Peter's excited for me to look pregnant, which makes one of us. I've been thankful to have a friend to talk to who has been pregnant recently, and especially my SIL who has been through it before and is going through it now!

6.) I think our biggest concern at the moment is how little Ella will handle no longer being the baby of the family. She enjoys snuggling in the evenings with both of us and is incredibly jealous of Charlie receiving any attention. We're not sure if Charlie will even notice the baby. He prefers to spend his days like this:

Sleeping on the chair. Or upstairs in "his" room. Or on the bed by the front door. Or anywhere. 

Anyway...I felt we should provide some sort of update. Meatball seems fine, causing me fewer problems recently. I'm ready to find out if we're having Phoebe or Phoebo...

2 comments:

  1. You can add "my husband" to the list things that nauseate Gena, but I don't think that's necessarily pregnancy related. Glad you're starting to feel better, hopefully that's a sign of good things to come! Don't worry, looking pregnant isn't so bad...and let Pete enjoy it, you'll be gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Geoff's breath would totally make me vomitus with both pregnancies! And random other things would set it off that normally make no sense. Once, Geoff said the word vomit too many times and I puked. I'm glad you're starting to feel better! I too would randomly fall asleep, but that will subside once you hit the second tri. As for looking fat versus pregnant, since you're skinny to begin with, probably no one will notice any weight gain. Then one day you'll magically look pregnant, probably around 20 weeks. That's the best - no need to suck in your stomach for the next 4.5 months (and a few months after that)!

    ReplyDelete