Monday, March 12, 2012

Latest Visit

Meatball had an appointment this morning (our first day of UIndy spring break, yay!). It was a pretty short appointment, but it was the first time that Peter had a chance to meet Dr. H. Our last two apppointments have been with the ultrasound tech and the nurse practitioner. She listened to Meatball's heart rate, which was in the 150s and sounded healthy. I had forgotten that they could now hear the heartbeat through Doppler, which was a fun surprise for both of us. I've gained 1-2 pounds, and that's about it (which is fine by me!!)

We're hoping to get our childbirth classes set up soon once we know Peter's schedule for summer classes. I definitely want him to be there, although I may have to bring Casie to one, we'll see :)

The best news of all is on Friday, April 13 we will find out if Meatball is a boy or a girl, and we can come up with a more appropriate name. Our appointment is in the afternoon, and then we'll celebrate by going to see Les Mis with some of our friends that evening.

All is good with us; I mostly feel back to my normal self. I don't have quite the increase in energy that I was hoping for. I suppose I'll have to manufacture it myself. I'm also starting to eat/snack more often, which might explain the weight gain :)

I'll add another post later this week with some corgi love. They're going to the dog bakery on Thursday to visit one of Peter's student workers and to get some new treats. This may have to count as Charlie's birthday trip, as my dad pointed out that he probably doesn't know it's not his actual birthday and making two trips is time-consuming. We don't have a lot of extra time anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment