Sunday, April 22, 2012

Baby bump pictures

I've been attempting to put this off as long as possible. This sounds ridiculous, but gaining weight has been the hardest part of the pregnancy for me. I fully understand how important it is to gain weight so that we have a healthy baby, and it is completely normal to gain weight. However, I have pretty much weighed the same amount (within 5 pounds either way) for a very long time, and it's been a difficult adjustment. I just bought a belly band the other day, which has the awesome purpose of allowing me to wear my jeans unbuttoned without anyone knowing. That sounds silly, but it really makes it so that I can continue to wear a lot more of my pants! I really only need to make it through this week with my dress pants due to the national conference being in town, and after that it's athletic wear to work all summer long!

Anyway, here are a few pictures to prove I have a bump. Baby boy has started to grow a lot in the last 3 weeks or so.

This was at 14 weeks. Not really showing at this point. I had just recovered my appetite.

Here was 16 weeks...starting to show a little more.

19 weeks...not the greatest angle to tell, but I'm definitely bigger than when I had this outfit on at 14 weeks!





20 weeks...wearing my belly band also.

I'll try to do better about updates with these. We registered yesterday, which was not exactly the fun experience we were hoping for. I felt incredibly stressed out at not knowing what we needed to buy. If someone had said, here are 15 options of Thing A, you need 5, I would have been so much happier. Between trying to find everything in the store and not knowing what it actually was sometimes...I was so glad to be done. We went to Target and Babies R Us, and I don't know which was worse! Target's selection wasn't very good compared to what they had online, and Babies R Us was overwhelming. We did decide to go for a Noah's ark/animal type of theme for the nursery, and we have talked over names with G&G to make sure we don't end up with cousins with the same name. We've got 3 that we like a lot, but we've only managed to come up with one middle name. If we ever narrow it down, I'll be glad to share! All names were approved by Grandpa, Casie, and Grandmom, who have a long list of students that they don't want to remember every time they say the baby's name!

I'm excited to have my days off back soon so that I can really start working on the nursery and getting ready for UIndy after maternity leave is over. Hope you're all doing well and are as ready for summer as we are!



1 comment:

  1. Remind the teachers in your family that once you have a chile named "whatever", they'll forget all about that student named "whatever"!

    ReplyDelete