Sunday, April 15, 2012

Meatball's latest photo shoot

We had our ultrasound on Friday afternoon to have measurements taken of Meatball and to determine if Meatball was boy/girl/labrador. Turns out we have been referring to him correctly for the last several weeks, and Meatball is in fact a boy! Peter is very excited and was incredibly awkward on the phone in telling people about it. It was like he forgot how to use the English language. I'm happy that he's so excited about it though!

Baby boy was measuring 5 days small at our last ultrasound at Week 8, and this time, he was measuring one day bigger than expected. He moved around a lot during the ultrasound, which was weird to watch and feel at the same time. He also enjoyed Les Mis later that night, so hopefully he gets Peter's musical abilities and not mine :) Mommy and baby are both getting bigger, and Peter and I were both around 8 pound babies. Granted, I was 17 days late, so I may have been a little smaller on my actual due date. We're very excited to have another little boy to join the family, even if he might be in a different grade than his cousin who is only 2 months older than him! This is the first great-grandson on my mom's side of the family and the 4th great-grandson on my dad's side of the family.

So here are some of the stills from the ultrasound. He was cooperative until she wanted a profile picture, then he wouldn't stop staring at us.

He doesn't have a lot of soft tissue yet, so he kind of looks like an alien baby. Considering Spock as a name.
He kind of waved his right hand right after this picture. Later, I was pointing out that he had a radius and ulna, which made me happy. Peter was probably thinking I was a dork. I also was talking about cadaver brains and kind of grossing out our ultrasound tech.
This isn't super cute or anything, but I think the spine is amazing to see, especially when he was moving!
She showed us a different view initially that showed he was a boy, but even after watching the video 3 times now, I still don't see it. However, from this angle, he made it very clear that he was a boy, so even noobs like Peter and I could figure it out.

We're excited to get started on some real planning now, from registering, to baby showers, to decorating (and completely re-doing) the nursery. I'm planning on adding some pictures later to show my baby bump, as there have been requests. I just need Peter to help me take some new ones!

1 comment: