As my anxiety for Friday's ultrasound begins to overwhelm me, I thought I would write a short blog about updates.
I am actually beginning to look pregnant (or chubby, as I would say) now at 19 weeks. It's been a weird adjustment for me to have the people that I know who are aware I am pregnant to look at my stomach before looking at my face. We haven't taken any belly pictures in a while (maybe since 15 weeks or so), but hopefully we'll take on on Friday. I went through a phase at week 15-16 where I pretty much ate everything in sight. My mom and sister just laughed at me at dinner one night every time I reached for more food. That passed pretty quickly, and I eat my normal amount of food now pretty much. I haven't really felt any discernible fetal movement yet. I'm waiting for a good kick to be certain...it's hard to know if what I'm feeling is actual movement or my stomach moving around!
I've been feeling pretty well, other than exhausted from my workload lately. I have had a lot to do for school, as well as preparing for presenting at our AOTA national conference...and my actual job. I've agreed to teach for 5 weeks or so after my maternity leave is over in October/November, in addition to my teaching duties January-May. Peter has been incredibly busy this semester, and we haven't seen much of each other. He has been taking 2 classes, teaching 3 classes, and working his usual 50+ hour weeks.
Friday we have our ultrasound at 1:30 (I'm dreading the full bladder requirement for this one), and our doctor's appointment at 2:00. We will finally know if we have Meatball or Meatballa, Eli or Elizabeth, Phoebe or Phoebo. Then we are going to dinner and to see Les Mis with our friends for the evening. Hopefully we'll be in good spirits and will get good news at the ultrasound. We really don't care if it's a boy or a girl, but we both want to have at least one of each eventually and agree we would rather have an older boy. So, 60-40 for a boy. I've been referring to the baby as "he" for quite some time now, so I'll feel bad if it's a girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment