Tuesday, May 15, 2012

I had my most recent doctor's appointment yesterday morning. Nothing exciting to report other than everything looks good, sounded normal. I will be screened for gestational diabetes at my next exam in a month, and then I start going to the doctor more frequently. When she was checking for his heartbeat, we both kept laughing because we could hear it for about 2 seconds, and then he would kick and throw everything off. He kept kicking so that it was hard to consistently hear his heartbeat, which is pretty normal for him lately. Almost every time I sit down or lay down, he starts kicking. Peter has been able to feel him several times, which he loves. I love it for the most part...he's not yet hurting me or causing me to be uncomfortable, but it's really distracting sometimes.

Now that I am working only 3 days a week, I have been trying to get us ready to go for when he arrives. I met with one of our potential daycares yesterday; I really liked the people and the way everything was set up, but some of their administrative issues were a little frustrating. I have another one to visit on Thursday. We also met with a potential pediatrician on Monday, and we both liked her enough to feel comfortable using her. She's due about a week or two before I am, so she won't be there for initial appointments, but there are other doctors in her practice to cover for her.

We bought all of the paint for the nursery, and we went to look at carpet yesterday, as well. The carpet store we're buying from has a HUGE St. Bernard that just wanders around the store, and I thought Peter was going to try and fit her in the backseat of the car. He was in love, and as is always the case, the dog loved him, too.

I feel equally like we have so much time left before the baby gets here and not enough time. There's always the concern that something won't go as expected, and we will have a baby sooner than we thought and not be prepared. However, we only have so much free time to do things together!

Hope everyone is doing well. We're looking forward to our "babymoon" over Memorial Day weekend, followed by our first baby shower with friends and family from far away visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment