Sunday, May 6, 2012

Nursery planning

Peter and I have been struggling with what to do with the nursery. We had some color ideas that we really liked, but we had no idea what to do with them. So today we went to Menard's and searched for the perfect paint colors, then sat in the nursery with our color swatches and googled ideas for painting, hoping for inspiration. We do believe we have a plan.

If you haven't been in the nursery, the wall immediately on your right is all closets with a teeny tiny bit of wall above...nothing can be done here, really. The wall straight across from you has a window on the far left, and we anticipate this being where the crib will be. We're planning to paint this wall a dark brown...similar to the color of our bedroom. The wall on the right will be a 4x5 grid of squares painted in the same dark brown, teal, a lighter blue, and lime green. We're planning to put the changing table/dresser combo against here. Finally, we're going to have the wall that backs up to the hallway in the teal color, as well as building bookshelves to mount on the wall. I'll include some pictures of our inspiration for clarification. 



This is similar to what we envision for the grid wall to add some color to the room...we've planned out the grid meticulously. Now we only hope it comes together as we hope! I found this at: http://blogs.babble.com/being-pregnant/2011/09/06/baby-nursery-wall-decor-painted-fabric-and-non-painted-treatments/



I saw something like this on Pinterest and was completely enamored. Books have been one of my favorite things since I was very little (I'm hoping to get a couple of my old books...including Rainbow Brite to add to this shelf). They're less obtrusive than actual bookshelves, and I like that you can see the face of the books. I found the building instructions here:http://mekhart.blogspot.com/2011/02/nursery-room-book-shelves.html

Those are our big plans for now. We will need to re-carpet the room as well. Now that we have a plan, I'm itching to get started and was trying to get Peter to come with me to buy paint so that we could get started.

I've been feeling pretty well so far; I had a pre-natal massage the other day, which was much needed. The knots in my shoulders were awful, and I felt much better afterward. We're excited about having our first shower in less than a month, and I'm incredibly excited to see my best friend for the first time in about 9 months.

Baby boy is moving around a lot more, especially when I'm sitting on the couch resting. Peter is very excited to be able to feel it himself soon. Tomorrow begins week 23, and I'm already getting antsy and hoping this last trimester plus goes quickly. Next doctor visit is a week from tomorrow, although I don't think it will be nearly as exciting as the last one.

I've found out that I have another friend expecting right around Thanksgiving, and another girl is due mid-October, so baby may actually have some friends around here.











1 comment:

  1. BBAAAAAHHHH so so so excited!! I cannot wait! We finally got our tickets last night!! Only a few more weeks. (2 weeks and two days until Indiana). Sending a certain something out today. :D

    ReplyDelete