Sunday, May 20, 2012

Painting the nursery!

We're done with the worst of the painting. Peter wants to do one more coat of paint on one wall, and then it's completely painted. We're so happy with the way that it turned out, and we were able to do it all in about 4 days with a little help from my dad and sister (and my mom helped weed our yard that can't be tamed).

Before pictures:
This was our "office," but we didn't really use it as such. Mostly a place for the filing cabinets and all of the things we didn't know what to do with! It had a really ugly light fixture on the wall and hideous curtains.

Lots of closet space though!

During/After Pictures:

Brown walls: we love the way the brown turned out! The crib will be where the futon currently is. After we have all of our wonderful guests in a little less than two weeks, the futon will move downstairs to a more permanent location. We did both brown walls on Saturday night.

Turquoise/teal wall: I think Dad was a little shocked at the color initially, but it grew on him. We're definitely glad we didn't do the whole room this color. Peter painted this wall on Saturday afternoon, but he's not satisfied with it being extremely even in all locations, so he wants to do another coat. This is the wall where the bookshelves will go. And now for our favorite wall...
Peter and my dad put up all of the tape for the grid, while Casie and I made comments from the peanut gallery.
Then we all started painting. I actually did help with painting, but I also was trying to make sure everyone was painting the squares in the correct color. I spent a lot of time making that grid perfect! And in the end...
...it was perfect! It looks amazing, and exactly as wonderful as we were hoping for. We were so thankful for all of the help on this wall and everyone came to watch while we peeled off tape.
Here's a better picture of where the bookshelves will go. I suppose that is the next big project, along with assembling the dresser/changing table when it arrives in the next couple of days. For now, we're just glad it's done and that we can smile when we go by it every day!

In other news, we're pretty settled on using Colin as baby boy's name. Colin with one L, because as you know, I am Alison with one L. While I think that actually makes his name pronounced like Colin Powell and not Colin Firth, I am choosing to ignore Colin Powell. We can't have the one L thing be changed! Family and friends will be arriving at the end of the month for our first baby shower, and I can't wait to see everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Looks amazing! Can't wait to see it in just a couple weeks!

    ReplyDelete