Friday, July 13, 2012

Getting bigger...

Just a quick update from our doctor's appointment today. Dr. H said that Colin is starting to measure a little bigger than expected. If he's still measuring big at my next appointment in 2 weeks, then she'll want to do another ultrasound to see how big he actually is. She thinks he's already head down, and I told her exactly where his feet are, as he likes to kick me with them constantly and only on the right side. She also said that if I don't deliver by my due date, she'll induce me sometime that week, so it's nice to know we won't have to wait too long after September 3rd if he doesn't appear by then.

Had another night of baby classes where we learned different ways I could move around to try to position Colin into head down, but that doesn't seem to be something we need to worry about, as well as ways to make labor more comfortable...right.

Carpet was installed on Wednesday in the nursery, finally. We have moved over some of the furniture, and I've finally started moving smaller items as well. Earned my advanced degree in how to put on a baby carrier. We haven't moved the crib yet because we'll have to disassemble it partially, but pictures to come once the room is in its' final stages.

No 100 degree days recently, but I can't remember the last time it wasn't above 90. Thankfully all but one of the houses I visit have air conditioning, so I'm staying cool.

Most importantly, our nephew Rhys arrived into the world yesterday, after making his Momma work really hard for him. Everyone is healthy, and while we'll have to wait a while to meet him, we're enjoying pictures and videos of him and his big sister for now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment