Monday, July 23, 2012

Nursery set-up and another baby shower

Welcome to week 34. Is anyone else ready to meet this kid yet? I don't think it's just us.

I'm beginning to deal with some of the less fun aspects of the third trimester of pregnancy. Colin is riding pretty high still, so he's making it difficult for me to really take a full breath. I feel short of breath very quickly. I've been having some middle back pain, especially when driving (which is rough, as that is a huge part of my job). I'm still sleeping pretty well, once I cool off. I've kept the house nice and cool, which I didn't realize until one day Peter was wearing socks, pants, and a hoodie, while I was wearing shorts and a T-shirt and felt comfortable.

We had a chance to take a tour of the maternity wing of the hospital, and we are both feeling a little more comfortable knowing what that will be like. At our hospital, labor, delivery, and recovery are all in the same room (assuming there isn't a C-section). There's a "man cave" with a separate TV, pull-out bed, refrigerator, and microwave where Peter (or other guests) can sit. The rooms are a nice size and they've hidden all of the machines behind pictures on the wall, so it doesn't feel super medical in there.

We've moved all of the furniture into the nursery, and it's ready to go. After our last shower, I have finally started washing clothes, sheets, etc., and Peter has been putting lots of our equipment together, like the stroller and swing, as well as installing the car seat base in his car. Here's a few pictures of the finished nursery.









We haven't had a chance to add any of the new Dr. Seuss books to the bookshelves (there are SO many!)

My second cousin and her mom (who I have always just referred to as my cousin and aunt, since we grew up together) threw a small baby shower for me this past weekend. I had some of my UIndy friends, as well as family members there, and it was great. Again, I stink at remembering to take photos, but I have a few. 

Gifts...half of them probably from  my mom, dad, and sister, who have continued to lose their minds over this child. We're extremely thankful for all of the clothes, books, and other gifts that everyone has showered over Colin and feel incredibly blessed. I think that my mom and sister have just been buying for so long that they keep finding things that they forgot they had. Casie has been working on a secret project for a while, and we finally got to see it. It may be my favorite gift (tied with another we received this weekend yet).


We're hoping to hang it over his bed soon. The blanket that it is resting on was my second favorite gift. My mom said that she started making this blanket when she was pregnant with me, and then her mom finished it for her. I was hoping to have a quilt of some kind, so I was really excited to get this.

And the adorable diaper cake/motorcycle that Elizabeth and Leanne made. It was fun to sort through everything and show Peter all of the adorable clothes and fun gifts he got. 

And finally, a video to show how Ella helped set up the nursery.

I'll update briefly again after the next doctor's appointment Wednesday if there is anything important to let you all know!



No comments:

Post a Comment