We've reached 38 and a half weeks, so it seems like Colin is staying inside to gain brain cells and get chubbier at this point. We've had 2 appointments since the last post. I've been measuring at 40 cm for the past couple of appointments (I think 3 in a row now), so I'm having another growth ultrasound next Tuesday to check fluid levels and make sure he's doing okay. I've been making progress toward going into labor and am up to about 3 cm dilated at this point. No contractions yet though. Colin is still head down and ready to go whenever he decides to make his entrance, which seems as though it could be any day now according to the doctor and nurse practitioner. Keeping an eye on my swelling in my hands and feet for signs of pre-eclampsia. The fun doesn't stop there, kids.
In other medical news, I have been having increasing foot pain in my left foot for at least a month now. Near the ball of my foot, whenever I put weight on it, and it's excruciating at times. It doesn't seem to matter if I wear flip flops or tennis shoes, although it's definitely worse when I'm barefoot (like getting up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night makes me want to cry). I saw an orthopod today, and he said that he thinks I have a Morton's neuroma, which is an injury to the nerve that runs between my toes. They basically could only give me some shoe inserts to try right now because they were hesitant to give me an injection based on this whole pregnancy thing.
Thankfully, my last day of work is tomorrow, and then I can really take it easy the last week before Colin's due date, assuming he doesn't arrive before then. Peter's paternity leave starts after he is done with work next Friday or sooner depending on baby arrival.
In corgi-related news, we have started trying to antagonize poor Ella by attempting to swaddle and diaper her. She seemed unphased by the whole thing though.
Everyone keeps asking if we're ready. I mean, we have a place for the baby to sleep, diapers, and hopefully we have portable food. I'm sure there are things that we will need, but at this point, we feel as prepared as we're going to get. Very ready to meet him. Although, I would like to add that if he could at least stay in there until after our fantasy football draft tonight, that would be great.
No comments:
Post a Comment