Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Little meatball indeed...

We had another ultrasound today to check in on why I'm measuring consistently bigger (I measured at 40 cm today instead of 36). If I remember correctly, the reasons are 2fold. Onefold: I have a lot of amniotic fluid. A lot. I believe she said that it usually measures between 2-20 (ounces? liters? Google says cm). I'm at 19. Twofold: according to the ultrasound, Colin weighs 6 lbs 14 ounces right now, and he's measuring like he's 37 weeks even. I've heard that ultrasound measurements can be off by up to two pounds in either direction, so I'm taking that with a grain of salt. Regardless, it was nice to see him not looking like an alien, but looking like a real baby. A real pudgy baby! He was sleeping during the ultrasound, and he looked so stinking adorable. She said that he had his feet tucked up under him, so she wasn't able to confirm that he's actually a boy (although she also said she's never been wrong before, and she did our ultrasound to determine the gender). No change has been made in our due date yet, and I let the doctor know about my family history of difficulty with traditional birth (again). Here's our little meatball:


In other baby news, I would just like to mention that our friend Todd is responsible for the supreme spoiling of this baby. He bought him some super awesome clothes and two coats (Peter and I both have obsessions with coats/jackets, so we were very excited). Colin is going to be the most stylish kid at daycare, once he can fit into these clothes.

Hope everyone is enjoying the Olympics as much as we are!

No comments:

Post a Comment