Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Firsts and Lasts

Firsts we have seen from Colin recently: lots of social smiles, especially in the morning. Peter got the first really big one when he came back from work one day. He has also discovered his tongue, and he spends lots of time showing it to us. I have not been able to capture either of these on camera yet...more to come.

We also started reading Harry Potter, with the hopes of finishing the first book before I have to go back to UIndy next Tuesday. He seems to enjoy listening to me read, and he likes to watch me while I do it.



Peter and I had our first date night on Friday night; we went out to dinner and took our time, and I got to use two hands to eat! Then we went and saw Looper which was AMAZING.

Lasts: I had my last official day of maternity leave on Monday. I had a hard time leaving Colin on Tuesday morning with my dad and sister, but once I got busy enough during the day, I felt better. We went and met the daycare "teacher" on Monday, as well, so I feel a little better about him being there now.

I had my follow-up appointment with my doctor, and she cleared me for exercise. Even though I started running last week...gotta be ready for the Thanksgiving 5k! It might be pretty slow though.

Colin went to the pediatrician, and he weighed 10 lbs, 9 oz (65th or 75th percentile, I think), and he was 23.25 inches long (95th percentile). We weren't surprised about how long he was; it became difficult for me to feed him quickly because of how long he is!

And for all of Colin's aunts out there...





And a few extras:


One of my favorite outfits.

Staring me down during floor time.

And in case you've forgotten that we have corgis...Ella decided that she was tired of being left behind on Colin's walks. So she found her own solution:


No comments:

Post a Comment