I've had a crazy couple of days with job confusion. Before I left for maternity leave, I was feeling burnt out on all of the home visits I have been doing. I started doing home visits for kids 0-3 when I graduated, and I had been doing it for 2.5 years. It's a lonely job; I drive around by myself all day, eat lunch by myself, and I only get to talk to someone probably half of the day. A lot of parents leave the room, which only allows me to talk to the kiddos...most of whom don't talk back! I've probably had less than 10 kids in 2.5 years that I can have an actual conversation with. Regardless, I was hoping that 7 weeks at home would refresh me and make me want to return to my home visits. This was not the case. I found myself dreading it even more than before. This was the bulk of my work though.
After a lot of number crunching and discussion, Peter and I decided that I would take a break from the home visits. My hope was that I could still keep my job at our clinic and work in the classroom and see kids on an outpatient visit. This means only driving to one place and being able to talk to people all day...amazing that it sounds like a luxury to me. We just weren't sure if my boss would allow me to do this. I looked into a school job that would be part time, if my boss wouldn't allow me to make the change, but the pay was so miniscule (think part-time teacher salary...yikes), that it wasn't worth the effort. After talking with my boss today, she was totally fine with me making the changes, so I will in effect be only going back to work at this job 1 day a week.
I will still be teaching at UIndy, so we have supplemental income through April, allowing me time to build up my schedule at the clinic, as well as have 1-2 days at home with Colin a week.
At this point, we could use prayers that we are able to work out our schedule with the daycare or to be able to find a new place that will allow us to have a crazy weird schedule for when Colin shows up to daycare and when he doesn't.
Now for cute baby pictures. Colin hates baths. A lot. It's ugly. We were hoping trying a change in baby tubs would help; we were wrong. We have one other option that we're considering trying (probably tonight), and if it doesn't work, we're just going to have to suffer through ugly bath times for a while. Afterward, I usually try to get him nice and warm and swaddled and feed him to make him feel better. After his most recent bath, he got his belly full and was in a good mood, so I engaged him in a photo shoot.
Breaking free from his blankets.
Always followed by a BIG stretch.
Attempting modesty.
Giving in to the photo shoot.
Deciding whether to poop in his fresh diaper or not.




No comments:
Post a Comment