Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!

It has been crazy since I went back to teaching. I can't believe how fast the time has gone by already; it's almost halfway over. 

Colin started daycare, and I have survived. However, it hasn't gone as well as I had hoped. He isn't sleeping much there, despite that we showed them how to swaddle him. For example, today, I picked him up at 5:00, and he hadn't slept since 12:30. Our schedule at home would have probably had him asleep for at least 2 hours of that time. So as you can imagine, he is passed out cold now. After we subjected him to picture time!

What he wore to daycare.

And his official Halloween costume! Which he wore for 10 minutes so I could take pictures to send to Dr. Kuhn and Donna.

Otherwise we've just been trying to make it through the days, and I try to get him back on schedule over the weekend. Peter and I haven't seen much of each other lately. Colin is sleeping well (maybe partly due to not sleeping at daycare), and we're down to getting up only once to eat in the middle of the night. This means better rested parents, and we are less zombie-esque now. Also getting better at tummy time...

Last weekend he got to meet his Great-Grandma Copeland, great aunt Michele, and some family friends (my childhood babysitter and her family...who were like family to us and live next door to my parents), and my youth pastor and his wife. It was a lot of fun, and Colin was in a wonderful mood and flirted with all of the ladies. We're in big trouble. 

Two months old tomorrow! So hard to believe. And only 3 weeks until he finally gets to meet his cousins and aunts and uncles at Thanksgiving. YAY!

1 comment: