Monday, December 10, 2012

Rolling = the end of swaddling.

Colin figured out how to roll from his back to his belly over the past couple of days. He was able to get most of the way there, but his arm would get stuck. As of this morning, he's rolling. Thus, we are trying to end swaddling so that he doesn't end up face down in the middle of the night and unable to lift his head. We started with naptime this morning, and while it took him a little longer to settle, he still had a nice nap. 

Proof that he's rolling (and the first time Peter got to see it):

I got a chance to see just how much Colin had grown yesterday. I went to visit my friend Kim from high school, who just had her little girl Ellie 2 weeks ago. Colin looked ENORMOUS compared to her. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures. He's probably close to 2x her weight, just a little less. I had already forgotten just how small he used to be.

He had his 3 month pictures/Christmas pictures taken on last Saturday, and while he wasn't particularly interested in smiling, he did a great job. We're still waiting on the pictures to get back, so I apologize if you don't see our Christmas card until late!

I also did his 3 month marshmallow pictures.






Tonight he gets to hang out with Grandma and Grandpa because I have to go into work, and Peter has to work on Monday nights as usual. He went out to eat with my family on Saturday, and he was really good. I'm enjoying my extra time with him right now, still trying to figure out what things are going to look like for me work-wise in the coming months.

A few pictures to leave you with:


 Sheldon Cooper's littlest fan.

Hanging out in Mom's office at work before a baby shower

 His shirt says he loves his auntie, but he really loves his hands.

Stripes and monsters

So pooped from his long nap on the car ride home from Lafayette...couldn't keep his poor eyes open.

No comments:

Post a Comment