Saturday, May 4, 2013

Lots of pictures

Colin crawled (just a little bit) for the first time today at my Aunt's house, when we went to my cousin's graduation open house.  My aunts and uncle were just about as excited as we were.  And Colin loved my Uncle Joe (because really, who doesn't?)

But you're here for the pictures of what we've been up to in April.  I'll add some news at the end.

He moved up to the big kid car seat at the beginning of April.

He met his new girlfriend Ellie (my girlfriend Kim's daughter), and they held hands.

He made his move and was rejected. Ellie's dad said he needed to talk with Colin about his intentions with his daughter.

 He napped.

He worked on his modeling career.  (Gonna have to suck in that tummy, kid.)

 He tried to stand in the bathtub.

 He played the piano with a spatula.

He tried out swinging.

He played on the playground equipment. (Yes, I still stuff him into his Bazinga shirt. I can't part with it because I love it so much.)

He pretended he was a bear.

Then May came, and we took marshmallow pictures.  Or, Colin ate marshmallows all day long.  Please excuse his tendency to look high; he inherited my ability to keep my eyes open when a flash goes off, and it was 8:00 in the morning.

 On your mark, get set, go!

 Into crawling.

 Downward dog.

 Back to sitting.

 Try, try again.

And back to sitting.

 We finally gave in and helped him.

Mmm, marshmallows.

Anyway, job related news.  I (Alison) was basically let go from my job suddenly on Thursday.  I didn't do anything, except choose to be paid hourly instead of on salary, which means I'm expendable.  It isn't 100% done yet, and it's possible I might be able to work some hours, but it's looking more like I need to be finding another job.  I have an interview on Thursday for a full-time position at UIndy starting in August.  We have a lot up in the air right now, trying to find out if I am going to have a job for the summer and if we can afford me to not have a job this summer!  Prayers for us would be greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment