Saturday, May 18, 2013

Surprises, haircuts, trouble.

Colin's hair was getting a bit unruly.  Some of the strands on top were a couple of inches long, and he required a comb over after bathtime just to keep his hair out of his face.  He sat relatively still for his haircut, and he looked much neater after.

Before:

After:

Maybe not that noticeable in these pictures, but the fringe is much less unruly now.

In other news, I jetted off to Denver for less than 36 hours to surprise Peter's sister Janna for her baby (girl!) shower.  I was aided in the process by her husband Ryan, although he admittedly forgot just a little bit that I was coming, too.  I got to surprise Janna and Paula separately and spent a beautiful Saturday before Mother's Day with my mother-in-law and Ryan's mom, as well as with a soon-to-be mom, Ryan, and my newest niece, who will hopefully be joining us in the real world in just over a month!  Not many good pictures from the day.  Denver was very welcoming to me though:

Rode the train all by myself in the morning.

 At the party, there was food (and an awesome cake, not pictured)

 Presents (of course)

And friends and family to celebrate baby girl Kroiss (who needs a name, kids...)

I flew home on Mother's Day and spent about 4 hours with my little one and my mom before coming home and falling asleep immediately.

The other part of the title of this post: trouble.  This kid is on the move.  We're in trouble, the dog is in trouble, and mostly, Colin is plain trouble.  It started so innocently.  We were all just sitting in the front room, playing by the window.

 Pulled himself up to standing.  That's fine.

 Look Dad, one hand!

 Climbing? Already? And trying to knock the screen out of the window.

Anyway, he's a crazy little handful.  We think one or both of his top two teeth will be making him uncomfortable in the next few days.  The drool has increased suddenly, and everything is in his mouth.  Current favorites are the spatula and the wooden spoon, go figure.

Last picture, Colin had to go to work surprisingly with Peter the other day, due to the fact that I was otherwise engaged and we had no immediate babysitter.  Sound engineer in the works, apparently.  Peter said he loved all of the buttons.


Finally, for my job situation, I am down to one day of work (Wednesdays) each week.  Colin is taking the summer off from daycare to hang out with me, and then someone from my family will watch him on Wednesdays.  Thankfully my dad and sister are teachers and have two months off to help us out.  The girls at daycare were very sad to see him go, but he will be welcomed back with open arms in August.  I had my interview at UIndy, and I thought it went as well as I could have hoped.  We'll know in early June if I got the position, and we can plan from there.  I have been very open about my job situation with my current boss, and she has been very excited for me about possibly getting the teaching position.  I know that she was upset about the way the situation unfolded at my clinical job, and she's happy for me with whatever happens.  Thanks for all of the prayers, I felt very at peace at my interview and wasn't nearly as nervous as I could have been, with interviews lasting from 9:00-4:45.  No typos there, kids.  I was exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment