Wednesday, May 1, 2013

New skills

I didn't get around to taking Colin's 8 month pictures today, mostly because he came home from daycare and went straight down for a nap (after staying awake for over 5 hours at daycare!)  Then he got up, played outside for a little bit, had dinner, a bath, and went to bed.  So another day.

It has been a busy April for us, and we are exhausted.  We both finished a semester of teaching and taking classes.  Peter is done with his Master's, and we're waiting to hear the feedback on his final project.  I am at the tail end of whopping two weeks off from my doctoral classes before starting back up for the summer.  I have been teaching lots, and Peter has had lots of concerts to work.

Colin has been sleeping through the night consistently from about 7:30 to 5:45 each night.  I would love to have him sleep past 6 am, but we have tried to push his bedtime back, and it did NOT help.  Oh well!  He is obsessed with standing right now, and he gets very mad if you try to make him sit back down.  Just tonight, he pulled himself up by himself (in the bathtub...not the best place for that), got up into a bear crawl position, and moved from his belly to sitting.  All for the first time.  All today.

He's also enjoying his food...he has tried quesadillas, chicken, toast, cottage cheese, applesauce, Cheerios, eggs (controversial, but no allergic reactions), pancakes, apples, and pears...I'm sure there is more though.  The only thing he seems uninterested in is bananas.  Baby food bananas are fine.  Just no actual bananas.  Weirdo.  Lots of babbling, with more consonant sounds thrown in.

I'm too lazy to post pictures...so the next post will be LOTS of pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment