We have had a year full of so many blessings, despite starting the year off with our loss of Charlie and the loss of (most of) my job.
Peter received his Master's degree in May.
I was offered the job that I always wanted in June.
Colin had a very successful surgery in August with no further complications.
We're gaining a brother-in-law/uncle for Colin, after my sister got engaged this summer.
We were able to spend time in August with most of Peter's family, and we got to see more of them this past week.
We spent Thanksgiving with almost all of my extended family. I missed out on seeing a few cousins, but that's about it!
Finally, we get to spend Christmas with Peter's family this year, which means lots of love for Colin and baby A.
Colin was also baptized this year, and we joined our church just 3 weeks ago as full-time members. I'm looking forward to going to a mission trip meeting on Sunday to see if it would be feasible for me (or us) to go.
I'm also thankful that we have been blessed with a son who is a social butterfly! He loves people. He takes a few minutes to warm up, but he spent all of Thanksgiving charming my extended family. He loved on everyone, and it made me so happy to see everyone love on him. He especially loved getting to spend time with Grandma, Grandpa, and Aunt Casie (and Tink). When we spent time with friends, he had no problems with grabbing onto Chris or Brad's hands and dragging them through the house with him. We know he's good with the ladies, but we're glad to see that he doesn't seem anxious around men either. We'll see if this lack of stranger danger comes back to bite us!
It was also wonderful to see that he didn't seem to know that he hadn't seen Aunt Janna in 9 months, or Grandmom in 4 months. He went right to them and was excited to play with them while they were visiting.
I have no good pictures of the last few weeks. I'm embarrassed. I have been horrible at taking pictures lately, and I need to do better!
Colin has been picking up some more imitations and words. He knows where his eyes, tongue, belly, and feet are. He's using his signs really nicely, especially more, all done, milk, eat, and please. He's also making some animal noises like a cow, dog, and fish. You can ask him, if you'd like to know what a fish says. Finally, he's got some words of his own like up, off, shoes, Douglas, hi, dada, very close on 'mama' purposefully, nana (banana), ball, and of course Ella. We're very glad he's communicating better; it has helped all of us feel less frustrated at understanding his wants/needs. He continues to pick up lots of receptive language.
Finally, he has managed to leave the Christmas tree alone for 6/7 days so far--a Christmas miracle in its own. He cut 2 of his molars through, and I think a third is getting close. Still no sign of his canines, although that isn't unusual. He's also the least drooly kid that I have ever met. He NEVER drools. No complaints, I'm sure the next one will need a dish rag.
I'll try to take some pictures soon and have a post of just pictures!
Happy Holiday season!
No comments:
Post a Comment