Closest thing I caught to a smile
Girl has some weird hair...almost like a Donald Trump toupee
Colin likes to point out, "You, me, and Claire have blue eyes. We're the same!"
Looking less like a toddler and more like a little boy...
Forgot our swim stuff at Grandma & Grandpa's...
This is more fun anyway.
Colin still doesn't have much interest in Claire. He did ask to hold her last night for the first time in a long time. But he doesn't usually want to give her a kiss or a hug or talk to her. We've finally started to come out of a negative behavior funk with him at daycare. He was misbehaving a lot, but we started a reward system at home (based on daycare behavior) and things have been a lot better recently.
He got to see the fireworks for the first time; we went downtown and hung out in a parking lot. We wanted to avoid going to a grassy area to watch them, as he has bad reactions to mosquito bites. They swell up to the size of a half-dollar and last for weeks, then turn into a bruise.
He's moving up next week to the next class of daycare (3-4 year olds). He'll still be the youngest in his class by about a month. I imagine we'll have another round of negative behavior with the changes, but we opted to keep him with his friends instead of with his same teachers in the 2-3 year old room. I was worried he would be bored and his behavior would escalate. Eventually he'll have to "repeat" a year because I can't send him to kindergarten at 4 years old.
Peter, Claire, and I are going to Florida soon for a brief conference/workshop for me. I wish we could take Colin, but there wouldn't be much that he could do, with Peter having to care for Claire simultaneously. He couldn't go into the pool; he couldn't go to Disney (as Claire would need to eat too frequently). He'll have fun with Grandma and Grandpa at their house though.
Dogs are alive and well...I had to take Ella to the vet for her annual appointment, and she was healthy. Pathetically afraid of the vet's office, but healthy.
No comments:
Post a Comment