Her hair often sticks straight up off of her head. We're going with, "The higher the hair, the closer to God."
Around this time, she realized that her pants were very interesting, and she started trying to grab them.
We went to a wedding shortly after her 3-month mark. It was outdoors. In July. It was super hot, but the kids looked adorable.
We were all a crazy, sweaty mess by the time that things really got going, and we couldn't wait for the cake to be cut because we had a 2 hour drive back, and everyone was over the heat.
Colin started soccer two weeks ago. He's playing U3, and Peter is the assistant coach. This has been interesting, because Colin still wants Peter to pay attention to him, but Peter needs to be helping all of the kids. Because U3 soccer is like herding cats. And trying to get those cats to kick a ball into a net. Colin struggled the most with when there was only 1 ball to play with and that ball wasn't "his." But this Saturday he did much better and scored 2 goals.
His jersey is more like a dress. He'll grow into it.
Claire got to go on her first "vacation" at the end of July. Peter, Claire, and I went to Orlando so that I could go to a workshop for an organization that I volunteer for. Unfortunately, Colin didn't get to go with us, as I thought that might be too much for Peter to handle on his own. I was in meetings from 8-4 every day, and even though there was an amazing pool, I'm not sure how Peter could have managed both little ones on his own. He brought Claire to me periodically for meals, and they wandered around the awesome hotel we were staying at otherwise. Claire did as well as could be expected on the flights, especially when we were delayed for 2.5 hours on the way home, only to get back to our car and find a flat tire. It was a loooong trip home.
I went back to work last week, and my mom watched Claire. Claire starts daycare tomorrow. I was totally fine with this, until Friday, and since then, I get all weepy every time I think about it. She's not good with being held by people she doesn't know, and I worry about her crying most of the day. I worry about her being sad that she doesn't know where I am or where Peter is. I worry about her not napping. It's all silly because Colin went through all of this, and he was fine. I know the girls in her classroom, but I've been with her for 4 months, and it feels weird to leave her with other people. But I have a 9am meeting, so that's what is going to have to happen!
When we get some 3 month pictures, 4 month stats, or after Colin turns THREE in a few days, I'll update again. Busy days around here.
No comments:
Post a Comment