Sunday, November 15, 2015

Big kids

I braved the doctor's office with both kids by myself for their most recent well-check visit.  It wasn't as bad as it could have been, but I wish I had picked a less busy day for myself.  I taught my 8-10:20 lecture, picked the kids up from Peter's office, went to the doctor, came home, then traded out with Peter to go back for my 2:00 class.

Colin was just shy of 37 pounds (75th percentile) and almost 39 inches tall (75th percentile).  

Claire was just over 27 inches long (90th percentile) and almost 18 pounds (80th percentile).

Colin handled his flu shot pretty well, and Claire reacted as all babies do at getting shots.  Colin warned the nurses, "She's going to cry."  And cry she did.  Thankfully this time she didn't have a reaction to any of her immunizations like she did last time.  She will have to go back and get the second part of her flu shot in a few weeks, which I'm sure she'll be thrilled about.

We're starting to try to push her on the sleep front a little more.  I'd like for her to not need to eat again until midnight (when she last eats around 7:15...I don't think that's too much to ask).  Then were trying to get a 4 hour stretch between the midnight feeding and the next.  Girlfriend just likes to eat.

Colin had a blast trick-or-treating.  He kept saying "I want to knock on another door!'  By the time we did a loop of part of the neighborhood, he was tired.  He had fun handing out candy at our house for another 30 minutes and then passed out cold.  Claire slept most of the time in the carrier.


 These two love each other a lot.  I had a few more pictures, but they only want to upload sideways for some reason.  Maybe on the next blog.

We did her 6-month photos, as well as a few family photos yesterday.  She was happy, and Colin was mostly willing to participate.  We had great weather, too.  

Colin has been doing swim lessons at the Parks & Rec department, and he's having a blast.  He works on things like arm circles, kicking off the wall, jumping in, going underwater, and kicking his feet.  I'm just happy he seems to enjoy it.

We're looking forward to Thanksgiving with both sides of my family in the next two weeks.  Lots of people to hold Claire while we eat with two hands.  Lots of people for Colin to entertain.  He's big into telling stories lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment