It has been a crazy past couple of days! Family and friends (Paula, Janna, Sally, and Elizabeth) arrived on Thursday, shortly after our 107-pound package of a baby dresser/changing table. They were in town for our first shower, and it was great to see them. We hadn't seen Paula, Janna, and Sally since Christmas, and I hadn't seen Elizabeth since August for her wedding. I was having withdrawal. This was the first time any of them had seen me pregnant as well. I have almost no pictures from the weekend, which makes me sad, but I think others took a few pictures.
That evening we had our first baby shower, thrown by my sister and Elizabeth. Casie, my mom, Elizabeth, Janna, and Sue contributed a lot of onesies that they had either purchased or made themselves and they were hanging up for viewing.
The view before we added Sue's. Some of my favorites included ones that said "Keep Calm and Sing Soft Kitty," "I'm already awesome and I just got here," and a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles one to go with Leonardo! Sue gave us a funny one that said, "My Mom is Exhausted." Someone at my mom's work made a diaper cake:
The funny story behind the Beanie Babies on top of this is that on Monday, my mom made me go through all of our Beanies and pick out the ones I wanted (from the 100s that we had...). I was very agitated because I couldn't find the monkey (Bongo) you see above. He has the same birthday as me, and was always my favorite. Everyone else knew that she had taken it to put on top of the diaper cake, and then I got mad because I couldn't find the giraffe either. Such good liars. We also had some amazing punch with rubber duckies in it, played a few shower games, and Colin got lots of new toys, clothes, a car seat, his bedding (kind of), and several bath tubs. We ended up taking back one of the tubs and exchanging the bedding for the correct bedding, and in place of the tub, we ordered our glider for the nursery. That came today...instead of Saturday, as they originally promised. Peter put it together tonight, and we moved it up into the nursery.Here are both pieces of new furniture. We're really happy with both. I think an extra blanket for padding on the seat should make it extra comfortable. Here's a better picture of the dresser.
The glider and dresser match very well, and we think that the crib will be slightly lighter colored wood, and a little more red, but it's close enough for us! We also bought a lime green rug with white animals on it at Ikea:
We have all of the furniture needed, and we have managed to sort through everything from the first shower. We have someone coming out to measure the room for new carpet on Thursday (as there is a MASSIVE stain, and a weird cut-out in the carpet), and hopefully that will get done in the next two weeks. Then we're ready to go...just in time for a short trip to the beach.As for Mommy and Colin, I have been feeling pretty well during this last week of my second trimester. He is kicking me a lot, and it doesn't always feel as nice and sweet as it used to! Nothing very exciting to report, except another doctor's appointment next Thursday, where they'll test me for gestational diabetes. Hope everyone else is doing well...only 13 weeks left!
No comments:
Post a Comment