Monday, June 18, 2012

Quick Update

Just wanted to post a quick update to my glucose testings.

We went in Saturday morning to the hospital, where they drew blood before giving me an even more potent glucose drink. Then we entertained ourselves for 3 hours, and they drew blood every hour. Resulting in 2 new bruises on my right arm (matching nicely to the one on my left arm) and 2 new needle pricks on the backs of my hands. I think my overreaction to needles may have Peter worried about my ability to handle labor and delivery.

We spent most of the weekend nervous to hear the results of the test and imagining the worse, but I'm happy to say that the doctor's office called today and said the results were normal. All appears to be well with Colin and me, and I'm not sure why the first test came back abnormal. Hopefully I'll get some answers at my next visit.

Thanks for thinking about us during a nerve-wracking time, and hopefully the rest of the pregnancy will be anxiety-free!

No comments:

Post a Comment