Tomorrow marks 30 weeks for us and baby Colin! Hard to believe he's going to be here so soon. Obviously we don't want him to come too early, but we really don't want him to come in the next two weeks before my parents return from New Zealand.
We worked a lot the past couple of weeks on getting the bookshelves together whenever we had time. We built them ourselves with some 1x4s and 1x2s, sanded them, painted them, and hung them. We're super excited about the results, and they look awesome!
Before being painted...
Continuing to work while I take picture breaks...
I thought they kind of ended up looking like giant celery sticks when we were done.
Peter using the drill to hang the shelves because that was not something I was interested in messing up.
Empty shelves...
And shelves stocked with books! And Beanie Babies! We tried to put beanies by books that were a good match, like the monkey by Curious George and the fish by One Fish, etc. Obviously, we need more books, but we're slowly working on that. I still want some of the classics, like Where the Wild Things Are, Goodnight Moon, If You Give a Mouse a Cookie, etc.
Ella has had the opportunity to feel Colin kick, but she doesn't seem to be phased by it at this point. I promise we did not stage this picture, she was actually sitting like this on my lap.
Yes, I am wearing a Steelers' shirt. No, it is not my own. Peter's shirts are more comfortable for lounging around the house than my own at this point.
So I totally thought that was Peter's belly at first glance! haha Glad to know Pete's not keeping up with you yet :)
ReplyDelete